Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Who I am in Christ

Choose one verse that describes who I am in Christ... Wow! That was our challenge for bible study this week. One verse... The bible is one big book written to me. So many verses run through my head, how can I choose just one. So, I will try...

"that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever." Psalm 30:12

Who I am is who God made me to be. He made me to praise him, he made me to tell the world of his love and he made me to give him thanks. That is who I am. Do I always live up to who I was made to be? No, indeed I fail often...

"O Lord, you brought me up from the grave; you spared me from going down into the pit." 
Psalm 30:3

But why do I know, that although I fail more often than I succeed, he still made me for this purpose of praise. That he still loves me and accepts me in all my fault?

"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed", says the Lord who has compassion on you." 
Isaiah 54:10

God's word is real, it's alive. He has a purpose for me... If all I ever accomplish in this life is that I have shouted from a mountain that God loves me and you then my purpose if fulfilled. I am here to praise him, to show people that his love is real. I am here also to be a testimony that God loves you even when you fail. He doesn't ask for perfection, because he is our perfection. We are made perfect in him alone.

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I (Paul or us) will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
2 Corinthians 12:9



No comments:

Post a Comment