Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Summer Recap

What a summer.  That's all I can say.  So much happened.  I am ready to dive into fall & the school year.  I think this is going to be an awesome year for us.  I am excited to be sending two of my children off to school this year.  My little boys are growing up.

This summer we said goodbye to two of our neighbors who had become super close friends.  I still miss them like crazy, they brought a lot of laughter to our little cul de sac.  They were & are like family, I can't wait until we can go visit them.  I loved the community that we had built in out little corner of the world.  It was like I was living back in time where people spent time getting to know their neighbors & throwing food on the bbq for the neighbors was like second nature.  I'm not sure if we'll ever get to experience that again, but it was a little slice of heaven.

My little Gabbers turned 4.  He is too cute.  I love the little things he says, the way his little mind works, his zest for life.  He is so excited to start preschool, whenever we drive by he says, "that's my preschool!"  He also finally made a best friend.  After spending a long weekend with his friend Tyler he has said, "he's my best friend. like 100."  I guess friends must have numbers for how long you're going to be friends maybe?  Like 100.  Funny how kids think.  Tyler & Gabriel are going to be going to preschool together this year & I could not be more excited!  Now I already have a friend at preschool.  It was weird wrapping up the school year & realizing that I won't be seeing these other mom's 3 times a week anymore, and all but one have kids headed off to a different school than Dominic.  Now I have a preschool mama friend that I get to keep!

Shane & I got to get away on our annual summer hide away.  I love that man like crazy.  I could not have asked for a better husband, I could name a million reasons why, but I don't want to make you all jealous.  But I will say, that he knows me like nobody else.  He supports me through the good, the bad & the ugly.  He's the man that when you're crying on your hands & knees picking up stupid legos as your world is falling apart, silently comes beside you & picks them up, helps you move on.  He has been my silent strength lately, he knows how to make me feel secure & that everything is going to be alright.  He understands what I need, when I'm struggling to figure out what that is.  He draws me out of myself & makes me shine.

My real strength is from God.  But God uses people when you need a little flesh to hold you up, that's why he said "it's not good for man to be alone."  I love that God knows me, even when I don't know myself.  That he encourages me & teaches me to be a better person.  I am thankful that he would see worth & value in a broken girl like me.  That he sees my brokenness & calls it beautiful & knows how to make me whole.  He gently whispers, holds, challenges & loves me.  He understands my questions, my raging, my confusion.  He doesn't push me away when I feel those things, no, he draws me closer to him.  He breathes his presence into my life & gives me peace.  What a mighty God I serve.

This summer...  We got to enjoy a few camping trips.  I love camping with my family & friends.  We went with Nana & Papa one weekend.  Dominic got his prayers answered when he saw bats at night.  He would pray, "Jesus, can I see a bat? Thank you." then a minute later one would fly overhead.  Talk about some faith building!  Then we escaped to Chelan two weekends in a row with some of our dearest family friends!  The weather was perfect, so many memories were made!  And the kids did alright on the trips over!

Then, my mom.  She had her surgery yesterday.  She is doing well, we still won't have a lot of answers for a couple days/weeks.  We are believing the cancer hasn't spread.  She is deciding what her next plan of action is, praying for wisdom.  It's been a process, one that's not over.  But we have hope, because we serve a God that can beat cancer, that made our bodies & knows them & their most intricate parts.  And he is still God & he still heals!!! 

Oh, what a summer.  It's the summer that felt like a year.  So many emotions, so many happenings, so little time to process.  And so much more than I even shared!  I am ready to settle into fall.  Ready to fall into a new routine.  To send little boys off to school three times a week, go back to my original mops, begin a new bible study with a different group of ladies.  I believe that God has good things in store for us this year.  That he wants to shower us with blessings, the greatest blessing being his presence.  I am so blessed to wake up everyday & say, "this is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice & be glad in it."  No matter the trials, no matter the heartbreak, no matter the blessings, I know I was born to thrive today, and that is what I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment