Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Little Girl

Little girls are nothing like you can imagine. You think they should be sweet & quiet & gentle. And I'm sure some of them must be, but my little girl doesn't have a gentle bone in her body! She is a little bully, she hits more than my boys ever did, she picks the kittens up by the skin of their backs & she has an opinion that cannot be ignored... She is a passionate girl, that's what I've decided to call her, because then people will less likely take it wrong. I love my little fireball, but wow, does she drive me up the wall!!!

I can't believe that I'm going to admit it, but I think she's a little bit me... She is happy as long as everything is going her way & everybody is doing what she wants them to do. This is something I hate to admit about myself, but it's also something that I'm trying to get better at as well. But a bully I am not, so she must have gotten that from daddy, I do remember him telling me he frequently beat his older brother... So, I wonder if this means that she took our personality challenges & put them all into her? Oh, we're in for it!

Although there is a very sweet side to this little girl. She gives great hugs & her kisses are to die for. She puckers up by sticking her lower lip out & sucking her upper lip in, it's seriously the cutest thing ever! Of her limited words, the one that makes me want to cry is "sorry". Yep, she hit her brothers because they looked at her toys, she got a little spanking then had to tell them sorry. So she comes out of her room with big fat tears in her eyes saying, "sorry" and gives them big hugs. She prances around in a way I will never forget, she gave the happy dance the greatest makeover ever! Sitting in the car she's making the Little Einsteins Annie doll sing, she sings along & shakes her little head so fast then smiles & laughs. She is darling & I couldn't be more in love with her.

 Maybe it's that as girls we're emotional people. And when you really can't talk and everybody is bigger than you, maybe you just can't help but try to fight for your life. I don't want to admit that I see myself in my daughter's "passion" but it's true that I do. I am just a little older & have spent the last 26 years learning to harness my emotions. Really she hasn't had much time to even start learning how to deal, she hasn't even been here two years! It's a little easier if I remind myself of this, but there is to is also the challenge of figuring out how to deal with her when her little emotions collide with mine. Maybe that is why girls are challenging, because you see yourself so clearly in them & honestly it's not always the best of you that you see! I hope that the good, the beautiful, the joy that I see in her, I hope that some of that is in me as well. I hope that I can show her how to be a godly woman, show her that it's ok to struggle but that the beauty is in the victory. Challenges are not something to be feared, they are something to be cherished because it means that we're still worthwhile enough to grow. So, I am embracing my life, my challenges & praying that I will come out victorious, but I already know I will because God already has the victory & he is in me. And I love my passionate little girl that is stretching me & growing me into a better woman each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment