Wednesday, November 23, 2011

cats & dogs

I got to go to preschool today! I love going to preschool, because it's this magical world where my boy is super happy & well behaved & I didn't have to do a thing to get him that way! I get to watch him play with his friends, learn, do crafts & charm his teachers. I also got to see him use his magic line on one of his girlfriends, "Katie, your hair is really pretty." Guess mama isn't the only one with pretty hair, little stinker, gonna have to watch that kid!

So, today I got to watch imaginations at their best. I saw a bunch of cats & dogs. I've been hearing about them from his teachers. They say they always have cats & dogs, sometimes it gets out of control, but this is where I add to my 101 reasons I love having my son in the afternoon class. The afternoon class is smaller, only 11 kids, and they are a little calmer too! I watched as Dominic transformed into a very realistic cat, if he didn't look like a person I would have been fooled. A couple of his little friends took care of him as he meowed & was pet & fed. The imagination is a powerful thing & I am so glad that my son uses his to explore life, real & unreal. I will welcome the cats & dogs in our home any day. An imaginative world is a safe place to learn, explore & play. I am so glad that Dominic can enjoy the simple pleasures found in sharing a different world with his friends, even if it's all pretend! Who wouldn't love to be a cat for the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment