Monday, January 30, 2012

Refreshing

Yesterday I got home from Women's Retreat. And what a treat it was! We spent the weekend at Semiahmoo Resort, this was my 4th time there and it is beautiful! There is no better place to sit & see the beauty that our God created. And the even more beautiful thing is that I got to see the beauty of his creation in nature and people, the women of our church are amazing!

I have been so tired and life has just been the same thing over & over. This is not a bad thing, I actually enjoy the predictable, but the tired was getting old. I knew I needed some time to myself to recharge & reassess where I am standing with God. To have uninterrupted time with Him is not the easiest thing when you have 3 little ones! Now I know that sounds like an excuse, but I'm not here making excuses, I know full well that I have not been prioritizing that time like I should. And so, retreat was my kick start.

God is faithful to meet us where we are. He knew exactly what I needed, even though quite honestly I did not. I remember the first night, saying "God, I don't really know what I need, I don't know even what I am feeling, but you know. Meet me here, refresh me & do your work." So, Saturday I had the pleasure of playing with friends & getting to know them on an even deeper level, which is such a treat when somebody shares their stories with you. I love people's stories, I may not remember every detail, but it's always amazing to see how alike we really all are.

Then Saturday night, after our speaker, God met with me. We had talked earlier, but I needed more, still unsure of what that was. We were doing our end of the night worship & his presence just swept over me. I knew he was there, he was holding me, smiling at me, there. I just sat, saying "Thank you, God. Thank you for knowing what I needed, even when it was just the simple." All I needed was to feel his presence undeniably strong. I sat & prayed it would never end as tears rolled down my cheeks & my refreshment came.

This was the sweetest part of retreat for me. God meeting me where I am, knowing exactly what I needed, even when I had no clue. I just had to share, because in case you don't know what you need, he does. And he is faithful to give us what we need, just ask. He will not deny us what we need. He knows us better than we know ourselves, for that I am beyond thankful, I am amazed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment