Sunday, January 1, 2012

Nail Polish

Nobody ever told me the power of nail polish. There are so many things that I'm learning on this journey with Abigail! Nail polish is my new secret weapon. This morning she didn't want to get dressed, so I told her, "let's get you dressed then we will give you pretty nails." She came running over to me, so excited that she was going to get pretty nails. After I got her dressed I had to get up to get the polish, she started crying because she thought I wasn't going to paint her nails! So then Abigail settled on my lap, of course Gabriel had to hold the polish for us, he's really disappointed that he can't wear it, and she holds out her little fingers for me. It's the sweetest thing. Then when she was all done I loved watching her wave her fingers, blow on them & stare with this precious little smile.

I would have to say that seeing that little smile was the highlight of my day. It's so nice seeing that Abi is starting down a new road. This past probably about a week she has decided that she is now happy even when mommy isn't holding her. She has began playing even more by herself. I credit Shane. When he was home last week he told me, "honey, she's almost 2, you shouldn't have to be carrying her around & always entertaining her anymore." I realized that, oh, he's right, what am I doing. So that first couple of days she took quite a few trips to the stairs, crying & screaming because she wasn't getting what she wanted. And now when she starts to throw a little fit I send her to the stairs & it's really the funniest thing... She does her little Abi run to the stairs crying, her hair is bobbing back & forth & she's so little, but there she is obeying!!! Sigh. It's amazing how much more I enjoy her when she's not chained to me! We are still working on it, she still loves to be held a lot, but now I know I can put her down & it's ok. And when all else fails, break out the nail polish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment