Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Here's To Me

Well, tomorrow another year will have passed... By many standards I am still young, my age is something I've actually hidden a lot. I've always felt nobody would take me seriously if they knew how old I really was. I don't feel that as much now as I did when I first had Dominic, but when I compare my age to other mother's of like aged children I do feel young. I will be turning 27 tomorrow. So now by the average age calculation I have been married for 2 years & will be having my first child this year. I guess I've never done anything the average way. I have lived a lot of life in my short 27 years. I still have so much life to live, if I live the average life expectancy of a female, I think I have about 51 years left!!!

So what has life given me in my not average 27 years. My statistics, so to speak... Married 7 years, which we got married a few weeks before I turned 20. I'm not sure how long people date before getting married, but we did for 8 months & 8 days, from the time we first said hello. It's probably safe to say that that is not the average! We then went on to have 3 beautiful children, in less than 3 years! I briefly looked to see if there was an average age span between siblings, I found 3 years... Humm... Failed being average there too! My husband & I have only been intimate with each other, also not average! I graduated from high school a year early, not really that special, but I'm talking about myself today! I have lost all my grandparents, half my aunts & uncles on my dad's side of the family & my dad as well. I have inherited two amazing brothers through the marriage of my mother to my stepfather. I have also lived in another country for a year of my short little life. I have had plenty and I have had little. I have gained & I have lost. And I have lived a life full of hope, joy & love.

I don't know if you would agree, but I have lived a lot of life. I think I have experienced more in my 27 years than most. I am so thankful to be me. So, I am not ashamed of my age. And I do not fear getting older, I actually look forward to it. I know that I am wiser now than I was 5 years ago & I am thankful for that. I am looking forward to all the more wisdom that I have to gain, I am soo far from being a finished work of art. I have many things that I want to improve and it seems the more things that I improve the more I see that needs to be worked on!!!

What I do know is that you never know somebody until you have heard their story. There is so much more to people than what you see from the outside. People are amazing. People are resilient. You may look at somebody & think they're just average & as you get to know them their story knocks you off your feet. My story is not really exciting, it's just not average. But I was just thinking about my life & what I've done & who I am. I like me. And I hope you like me too, but if you don't it's not gonna rock my world, because not everybody clicks & that's ok. So, here's to me!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Courtney!!! I LOVED reading this and learning more about you! You are an incredible woman!

    ReplyDelete