Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Restoration of Hope

Dare I begin to dream again?  Oh, Lord, let your blessings continue to shower down.  I say continue because even as we have been in a tough season he has been so faithful to uphold us and carry us through.  Our love for each other has never faultered in the face of life's trials and loss.  Our faith in the hope that Jesus gives us has been hard fought for.  And while we are still right where we were a month ago, 4 years ago, there are some changes on the horizon.  Is resoration beginning?  I dare to dream, to hope, because that is who I am.  I know that God has good things for us and I know that in all this I have laid myself down and accepted that my hope, if in heaven alone, is enough for me.  And it still is.  I just see the potential of blessings on the horizion, and with my dreamer spirit I cannot help but believe for better things.  

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17 

There is no doubt of where favor comes from.  Only God could bring us through and give us more than we could ask or imagine.  I believe that God has good things for us and I held onto that when I saw no good with my eyes and I will always hold onto that.  When the world is dark my light comes from Him alone.  And when I cannot see his light, I feel it within me.  There have been many times that I've had to fight to feel it, to know that he longs to bless us, to give us a futureHe never promised an easy life, he told us it's a battle and it is, but when we can no longer fight it, he will fight for us.  He will always fight for us, we only need to ask him.  

There are more battles to face.  Our road is by no means over.  But the hope of restoration brings me to my knees with gratitude overflowing.  Tears are falling as I write this because I could not be more thankful that my God has not forgotten me.  All glory goes to him alone, because our human hands cannot bring the love of Jesus to our world, our home.  Thank you, Lord, for restoring hope and a future.  You are good, so very good to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment