Friday, March 8, 2013

Blessing

Tonight I stood at my kitchen sink and cried while I washed a precious gift from a friend.  My dear friend showed up today and handed me a box of china she had purchased for me. It is beautiful, simple & elegant. White plates & tea cups with a gray flower in the middle, I could not have chosen better myself...

What my friend doesn't know and what I was unable to bring the words through my desire to not bawl all over her, is that she is the bearer of God's amazing love toward me.  You see, last night I was also bawling...  I was feeling so overwhelmed with some of the loss in my life and fighting over the truth in my spirit.  I know God is good, but sometimes it feels like a war to continue to trust and hope and knowing beyond knowing.  I was feeling a little broken.  I was crying out that, "Lord, I want to be refined by you, but it hurts!!! I want to be done.  But I know that through it all you are burning away my ugliness and building character and strength."  And last night was a beautiful heart wrenching conversation with my Lord and peace and love filled my heart again, with just enough strength to carry on. 

Then today my friend shows up with a set of china.  I have been wanting a set of china for awhile now, praying that I could find the money and deal on a set.  And here she was, with a perfect set for me!  I still cry just thinking about it.  I am washing it tonight with tears running down my face and a nose constantly sniffling because today God gave me one the desires of my heart through one of his precious daughters.  And I am so blessed.  My dear friend, you were used by God today, you blessed me so abundantly that you may never know entirely how much.  Thank you from the tips of my toes to the top of my head, straight from my heart, I love you.  You are amazing.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful blessing! Enjoy your new china set...you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete